WAIVER & PRE-DANCING FORM
As a dancer, I understand that there is a risk of personal injury during my class at Dancing Through Life Studios, and, with this knowledge, I agree to assume the risk of any injury and/or damages to myself during my time on the premises of Dancing Through Life Studios.
I agree to hold harmless Dancing Through Life Studios and all other individuals, organisations, sponsors, owners, directors, employees, instructors, teachers, operators, hosts, promoters, and other participates connected with any classes from all losses, damages, injuries, causes of actions, claims, or complaints in the event that the participant is damaged or injured on anyway during the participation, instruction or performance of any exercise during any activity associated with Dancing Through Life Studios.
Dancer further agrees to strictly obey all DTLS staff and dance teachers and observe safety rules.
I hereby agree to participate in the required physical activities and exercises as required with Dance Choreography, Adult Dance Fit, Adult Hip Hop, Adult Jazz, Adult Tap, Adult Theatre Jazz, and, Adult Stretch studio classes, online classes, and private lessons conducted by Dancing Through Life Studios on the basis of the terms and conditions below:
I hereby acknowledge an understanding of and agree to participate in physical activities that if done incorrectly could be detrimental to my health.
I acknowledge that the dance classes, while conducted in the safest possible conditions and under qualified supervision, may involve risks. I am aware of the risks involved in all aspects of dance activities and physical training. These risks include, but are not limited to; falls; strains; sprains; injury or death due to negligence on the part of myself, or other people around me. I am aware that any of these risks may result in serious injury or death to myself.
I confirm that I am physically capable of participating in this training and that I have no existing medical condition which precluded or should reasonably preclude my participation.
I agree to release Dancing Through Life Studios, its proprietors, agents, and offices, including all instructions, teachers, staff members, principals, agents, employees, trainers, volunteers, and students from any liability whatsoever in connection with my participation in the exercises and physical activity within Dance Choreography, Adult Dance Fit, Adult Hip Hop, Adult Jazz, Adult Tap, Adult Theatre Jazz, and, Adult Stretch studio classes, online classes, and private lessons. Without limitation, this includes all loss or damage, or injury incurred as a direct or indirect result of my participation.
I agree that I will conduct myself in an appropriate manner and will always act in a manner that is in the best interest of Dancing Through Life Studios.
Photography and Video
I acknowledge that I may be photographed or videotape during the class. I hereby consent to this with my notified permission of use of these photographs and/or videos without compensation, on the Dancing Through Life Studios website or any editorial, promotional, advertising material produced and/or published by Dancing Through Life Studios.
Dancers a required to complete the following prerequisite questions before participating in any studio classes, online classes, or private lessons for assessment of any special needs and/or considerations. Note: This questionnaire does not provide advice, nor does it substitute for advice from a medical practitioner.
1. Has your doctor ever said you have a heart condition/vascular disease or have you ever suffered a stroke? Yes/No
2. Do you ever experience chest pains? Yes/No
3. Have you experienced any chest pains recently? Yes/No
4. Has your doctor ever said you have high blood pressure? Yes/No
5. Are you taking any medication for blood pressure or a heart condition? Yes/No
6. Do you ever feel faint, dizzy, lose balance, or lose consciousness? Yes/No
7. Do you have any muscle, bone, or joint problems that could be made worse by participating in physical activity? Yes/No
8. Are you a male over 35 or, a female over 45 and no accustomed to physical exercise? Yes/No
9. Do you suffer from asthma? Yes/No
10. Do you suffer from any other respiratory problems? Yes/No
11. Do you suffer from any allergies? Yes/No
12. Do you suffer from Diabetes? Yes/No
13. Do you suffer from Epilepsy? Yes/No
14. Do you currently suffer from any medical conditions or illness not mentioned here (please let us know)? Yes/No
15. Do you know of any other reason why you should not participate in physical activity? Yes/No
If any of the above questions are a YES, you may be required to provide a doctor's certificate/clearance before you will be allowed to participate in our classes.
I have answered the above questions truthfully. I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to inform Dancing Through Life Studios staff and teachers of any medical conditions/injuries or changes in my health, now and ongoing.
I have read and understand this waiver and agreement and agree to its provisions. I am not under the influence of any drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicants, I am not suffering from any illness or incapacity. I am over 18 years of age.